When a department begins using electronic timekeeping, employees record time worked and leave taken in a variety of ways:
- Some non-exempt employees record starts, stops, and transfers as they occur at a Kronos timeclock or online using their computer.
- Some non-exempt employees record starts, stops, and transfers by updating their timecard online at any time during and prior to the end of the biweekly cycle.
- Exempt employees enter leave taken on their timecard online and approve it by the 1st of the following month.
With electronic timekeeping, employees can:
- Record the time they start work, stop work, and transfer between different jobs or contracts/grants if they have multiple jobs/assignments.
- Record leave taken (vacation, sick leave, etc.).
Supervisors/Managers will be able to use electronic timekeeping to do activities like:
- Approve a single time card or multiple time cards at a time.
- Add, correct, and delete entries by employees.
- Add and delete comments on timecards.
- Perform work rule and job, grant, or project transfers.
- Remove timecard approval.
- Create and edit schedules.
- Generate reports.